Thursday, August 18, 2011

Family Meeting

So, in the ongoing saga in parenting we sent the kids to bed last night only to have ww3 break out. I drag myself out of the living room to find Parker happy in his bed, Sis sobbing in her bed and Jaben smoldering in our bed. After 45 minutes of hysterics Kennedy finally fell asleep. Of course I woke up sandwiched between both of them, so we may have won the initial battle but the war is far from over.
The morning started off good enough and quickly spiraled out of control with the two of them kicking and hitting each other as the bus pulled up.
After the disaster that has been our life we called a family meeting, going around the table taking turns on the things that need to change. The thought is that JD and I will sit down and create a game plan, schedule and chore list for the kids.
Parker's gripes-Sis is mean, the dogs jump on him, he's cold and he doesn't get enough to eat.
Kennedy-stop cussing at her, hitting her, tearing her things up, closing our door, and smoking.
Seriously, if anyone reads this their going to think the little twits are abused. Jaben and I had a shared list of ungrateful (immediately followed by the whine of "I'm Grateful!) lack of privacy, lack of responsibility, lack of respect, etc. etc.
We then broke for dinner which was actually somewhat uneventful....until....
Kennedy began freaking out because even though she'd be good for 4 consecutive minutes she still couldn't go outside.
Parker comes wandering out of the bathroom with his pants around his knees because he's pooped his pants.
Jaben in full father mode looks at him once and says
You shit yourself? Really? Go change your clothes
What the hell is wrong with you? Idiots
Is it any wonder I'm on meds? I mean really?
Between the constant Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom. Its constant. I can't have a single thought without the world needing to talk to me about it. I'm exhausted from the constant discussion. If it was quiet I'd probably go deaf. I can't remember the last time I was able to start and finish anything without having to cater to someone else.
I love my kids, I love my life, but I'm worn out. I'm tired of being in charge of everything and being the encyclopedia for the Davis family. I have an entire reference manual in my head. Need to know how much school lunch is, I've got it. Doctors names and phone numbers, yep that's me. Birthdays for EVERYONE, planner, scheduler, agenda's, homework, cook, cleaning crew, laundry, vet, nurse, tutor, transportation analyst, coordinator of all things. My brain is full before I even get up in the morning.
But tomorrow is Friday. Another weekend full of unhappy people at my house. At least I'll get to sleep in....

No comments:

Post a Comment