The bickering and general unrest has moved to an unbearable level. I'm tired and grouchy all the time, I feel like I have to do it ALL. The kids are spoiled and expect the world delivered to them. Example- Parker-Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, MOM (from the couch in the family room) I finally come from the laundry room, bedroom, garage, etc. What P? Can you get me the remote? (its laying 2-3 feet from him)
Kennedy-Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, MOM, MOM, MOM. Yes Kennedy, why didn't you answer me? I bit my tongue and you don't even care!
So after a particularly had week, the first week of school and the need for some structure in our lives we sat down at the kitchen table and do a round robin of complaints. That very day Kennedy had pulled the heads off all of Debbie's fake flowers, with Haven's help of course.
The conversation goes like this, its time to air your grievances each of you will have a chance to put something on the list. One at a time. Parker-whats greebince? a problem P something you're not happy with. Oh, ok. Kennedy's mind is running at 100 miles an hour, she can't wait to start her list.
August 18
JD-Not Listening
Me-Lack of Respect of people and property
P-Messing with my stuff
K-Parker hogs the TV with his wii
JD-Not listening
Me-not following instructions
P-Sissy is mean to me
K-I don't like it when you go in the garage and smoke
JD-Not Listening
Me-Spoiled, Ungrateful
P-The Dogs jump on me
K-I don't want you to close the door to your room
JD-Lack of Responsibility
Me-Lack of Privacy
K-I don't know what you want me to do?!!!
P-The Dogs get in the way of my game
JD-Not Listening
Me-Need a schedule and list of consequences and responsibility
P-The house is too cold, turn off the fans
K-Closing the door, locking us out
JD-the use of the phrase "hold on" stalling
Me-Kids need chores
P-More food, I'm hungry
K-Family menu, so we'll all eat
JD-Rewards should equal Actions
Me-Respect of personal space/time
P-I'm hungry
K-I don't want you to have personal time, can't we sit on the other side of the door?
JD-Whining
Me-Think for yourself, make good choices
K-I want Dad to quit cussing at me
P-still hungry
JD-Done
Me-Need to ask for permission to use Laptop/Ipad
Me-Repeated yelling from across the house
Summary:
Jaben wants everyone to do what he says the first time he says it, wishes we were all mute and leave his stuff alone. Would also like more time alone with me. (yay)
I want everyone to take care of their own stuff and quit screaming for me every time they have to think for themselves. A little appreciation would be nice too, but I'll work on that at the next meeting
Kennedy wants everyone to sit down and do what she wants when she wants them to do it, doesn't understand why she should ever be excluded from any conversation or event and sees no reason to change anything
Parker wants the dogs to stop bothering him, more food and a warmer climate.
Yep, another day at the ranch
No comments:
Post a Comment